6 Jun 2010

Burbery Prorsum Menswear Fall 10

I actually made this ages ago but never got around to posting it. So basically Christopher Bailey is unashamed of his military inspiration, you hardly have to be a fashion-follower to get that one! This is a collection of my favourite looks.
I am in LOVE with the leather/sheepskin aviator jackets with huge collars and heavy duty buckles. It's a very quirky adaptation of the Burberry trench by adding similar, over sized lapels.
When the model with the metal plated shoulder pads came out, I gasped out-loud and said 'I've got to have that!' It's is just perfectly simple yet perfectly stylish.
The boots. Are. Amazing. Get me a pair of those leather, lace up military boots and I will die a happy man!
Other than that I think the plain skinny jeans work well to balance out the top heavy looks, they could have had a wider variety of trousers, maybe some patterns, but in this case that would have killed it.
Also the colour of the trench coat just makes me think of Colonel Mustard (with the lead pipe in the drawing room), which is another military reference perhaps?
I think this Burberry Prorsum perfectly combines military with masculine glamour, using over sized fur pieces and slim fitting, dark denims.

No comments:

Post a Comment